The World of Dance UK Qualifier is back on 26th November 2017! At World of Dance you can expect to see Europe's best crews competing for the title of World of Dance UK Champions, and to qualify for the World of Dance Finals in 2018! Read below for all event details, as some things have changed since last year:
Available to purchase at: http://fatso.ma/kxtg
2. RULES & REGULATIONS:
- The audition video may be of the dance team’s most recent performance.
- When submitting the audition video, please keep in mind that it should showcase the dance team’s best abilities.
- Dance class footage does not qualify as an audition video.
Competition team entries
- Any act with dancers who are the age of 18 and under only. This includes solos, duos, trios and groups.
- Music length for groups of 4 members or less must not exceed 3 minutes in length.
- Music length for groups of 5 members or more must not exceed 6 minutes in length.
- Groups must have a minimum of 5 registered dancers.
- Open to all ages!
- Music length must not exceed 6 minutes in length.
- Groups must have a maximum of 4 registered dancers.
- Upper Division is for solos, duets, trios and quads aged 18 and over.
- Music and performances time for groups 4 members or less must not exceed 3 minutes in length.
Once a team has submitted an audition video, the World of Dance UK Team will begin the audition process by evaluating the videos. The primary contact for each dance team will be notified whether or not their team has been accepted to compete at World of Dance UK. Our final deadline for submissions is 1st November.
Click on the following link to fill in the form and submit your team! https://goo.gl/forms/aUgPsYuKvRdJeBuP2
3. REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
In order for a team to be considered into the lineup they must submit their registration form. The World of Dance UK Team will provide a registration link and payment link to the primary contact of each accepted dance team.
Music must not contain inappropriate or offensive language, as this is a family event for all ages. Music will not be screened prior to the event so it is the team’s responsibility to ensure appropriate music, or the following deductions will apply:
- For competition teams, violation of this rule will result in a score deduction and possible disqualification and/or dismissal from the event.
- If the team’s music violates the language rule, 0.5 points per curse word will be deducted from the team’s total average score, up to a total of 5 points.
- For competition teams, violation of the music length rule will result in deduction of points.
- 0.5 points will be deducted from the team’s total average score for every second over the time limit.
Props must be approved before the event.
- Unapproved props will result in a 1 point deduction per judge.
Each competing team is required to bring 1 official CD to the event in a jewel case. We recommend also bringing a backup CD, should something be wrong with the CD given to us at registration.
Please note we will not accept laptops, phones or other mp3 players on the day.
5. PRE-SHOW INFORMATION
The World of Dance UK Team will provide an email to the primary contact of each dance team participating at World of Dance UK. This will include the check in time, show line-up, example score sheet, and other useful information about the event. We aim to send this information the week before the event.
6. MAIN STAGE AND BACK STAGE SPECS
Each main stage dimensions are set differently per city. Crossovers are available at most World of Dance Tour events.
The WOD UK stage dimensions are 6.85m x 11.3m. The stage will be extended forward giving roughly an extra metre of space, making it approximately 7.9m x 11.3m. There are no wings, although there is side of stage space behind the front curtain which you are able to use, and you are able to enter the stage from both sides.
Any further questions regarding the stage and performance space can be sent to us at London@worldofdance.com.
Props used within performance must go through a screening process. The World of Dance Tour Team must approve of all props prior to the event date. All props must be fire retardant. Photos of props must be emailed to the Event Manager for approval. Props not approved prior to the day of the event will not be allowed on stage.
Due to time constraints, tech rehearsals will not be permitted on the main stage.
Due to the nature of the venue, there are no proper dressing rooms available for hundreds of dancers. Performers can utilise the designated open space or rooms allocated for a place to get ready.
All performers are responsible for their own items. The venue, World of Dance staff, and all World of Dance live event affiliates and sponsors are not held responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items.
7. JUDGES PANEL AND SCORING SYSTEM
The Judges Panel will consist of a 5 judges and 1 tabulator for the Junior and Team Divisions. 3 judges and 1 tabulator will be used for the Upper Divison only.
All judges will meet the eligibility, training, judge skills level, and requirements set forth by the World of Dance event producers.
All judges will score each competing team based on the following criteria:
Routine: 40% (40 points out of 100 total points)
- Choreography in Routine
- Staging of Routine
- Transitions within Routine
- Originality of Routine
- Set Theme of Routine
Execution: 35% (35 points out of 100 total points)
- Performance Quality
- Cleanliness of Routine
- Dynamics in Movement
- Energy in Performance
- Facial Expressions
Presentation: 20% (20 points out of 100 total points)
- Costume / Performance Attire
- Hair & Make-Up
Crowd Appeal: 5% (5 points out of 100 total points)
- Crowd Response to the Performance
In case of a tie, the tiebreaker will be as follows:
- Average of execution scores. If tie still remains;
- Average of routine scores. If tie still remains;
- Average of presentation scores. If tie still remains;
- Average of crowd appeal scores. If tie still remains;
- Majority vote by judges raise of hands.
Each competing team can receive their score sheets immediately after the awards ceremony from the stage manager.
8. AWARDS AND CASH PRIZES
At the World of Dance event, there will be an Awards Ceremony after each division.
World of Dance will award trophies, an award certificate and a cash prize to dance teams that place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd within each age division. Provided these competitors also score a minimum of 80 points, they will be invited to participate in the World of Dance Finals.
The cash prizes are as follows:
Junior Division = £350
Upper Division = £250
Team Division = £700
The team coach should fill out the payment form after awards ceremony to ensure proper and timely payment of prize money by bank transfer. (Prizes may vary per event).
The winner of the World of Dance Finals will also go straight to the last round of casting to be on the next season of NBC’s World of Dance to compete for the $1,000,000 cash prize!
Additional awards certificates will be given to the competition teams in each division that exemplifies Best Theme, Best Costume, and Crowd Favourite.
There will be also be battles on the day! The categories will be hip hop, house, popping and 2v2.
If you are wanting to compete, you must sign up for battles in advance as there are ONLY 32 spaces per STYLE available. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis!
Please make sure you are available for the full day to prevent delays when calling people out as the rounds progress. Please also let us know if circumstances change so that you are unable to make the competition so that we can allocate your place to another dancer.
There will be a cash prize for the overall winner of each of the styles.
If you have any questions concerning the World of Dance UK Qualifier, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org